The old Joseph Koch family 1906 dairy farm house was the original High Point home. It originally faced Highland st. a few blocks South and 1 block West of its current location on Autumn Ave. Charles K. Chandler lived with his family in the neighborhood he built, in the old Koch farmhouse. After subdividing the Koch’s dairy farm for development, Chandler had the old house pulled on skids by a mule team to its present location on Autumn Ave. in the late 1940s. There he lived with his wife and his children, Shirley, Kenneth, and Charles. The names of his children are immortalized in the names of the streets: Shirlwood, Kenwood, and Charleswood. The development company Chandler and Chandler began the High Point Terrace building boom in 1940 when they opened up their Greenlawn subdivision. Only two structures survive from this pre-development period, the 1906 Koch house and the 1910 Morrow house.
Original pictures of the Koch home, above and below, as you can see in the current pic at top, the lookout on the roof has been lost and the front door was relocated from the center front to the left front in place of a window along with the front porch.